Saint Joseph’s Church – Hillegom

Sint Jozefkerk, Monseigneur van Leeuwenlaan, Hillegom
The Saint Joseph’s Church was a Roman Catholic church at the Monseigneur van Leeuwenlaan in Hillegom dedicated to Joseph of Nazareth. In 1870/1871 the Sint Martinus church was built after the large clandestine church on the Bakummerlaan had become too small for the many parishioners. Because of the rise of the flower bulb culture, the population of Hillegom grew so hard that in 1915 a second parish was founded and the Sint Jozefkerk was built.
In 1990, both parishes were merged because of the declining church visit. The Sint Jozefkerk was disposed of but the church building is still on the Monseigneur van Leeuwenlaan. Whether the church will be demolished or will get a new destination is still unclear. In 2009, the ‘Vereniging Behoud Jozefkerk en Pastorie’ (English: Association for the Conservation of the Jozefkerk and Rectory) was created with the aim of preserving the buildings.

No Comments Yet.

Leave a comment

You must be Logged in to post a comment.

Door de site te te blijven gebruiken, gaat u akkoord met het gebruik van cookies. meer informatie

De cookie-instellingen op deze website zijn ingesteld op 'toestaan cookies "om u de beste surfervaring mogelijk. Als u doorgaat met deze website te gebruiken zonder het wijzigen van uw cookie-instellingen of u klikt op "Accepteren" hieronder dan bent u akkoord met deze instellingen.

Sluiten