Sint Martinuskerk, Hoofdstraat 27b, Hillegom
St. Martin’s Church is a Roman Catholic church at Hoofdstraat 29 in Hillegom. The church was built in 1870/1871 after the large Clandestine church on the Bakummerlaan had become too small for the many parishioners. Because of the rise of the flower bulb culture, the population of Hillegom grew so hard that in 1915 a second parish was founded and the Sint Jozefkerk was built. Saint Martin’s Church quickly became too small and so a new church was built between 1923 and 1926. Due to lack of money, it was decided not to build a new tower, but to integrate the old tower into the new church. In 1990, both parishes were merged because of the declining church visit. The Sint Jozefkerk was disposed of but the church building is still on the Monseigneur van Leeuwenlaan. The Sint Martinuskerk was thoroughly restored and renovated in 2008/2009.