Lighthouse – Noordwijk

Since 1444, after sunset, a fire was ignited on the beaches of Noordwijk to point fishermen to the coast. Only when there were fishermen at sea, the light was ignited. A wooden scaffolding was built in the 19th century and in 1854 it was replaced by a stone tower. In 1913 it was broken down. The lighthouse that now stands there is made of brick and reinforced concrete and was built in 1921 as a reconnaissance light for shipping. To prevent water leakage, a white plaster layer was later applied. The last lighthouse keeper, Dick van Dee, was in function from 1954-1986. Since then the tower has been unmanned. Since 1980, the lighthouse has only been opened on special occasions such as on Heritage Days. The tower has been restored in 2004.

No Comments Yet.

Leave a comment

You must be Logged in to post a comment.

Door de site te te blijven gebruiken, gaat u akkoord met het gebruik van cookies. meer informatie

De cookie-instellingen op deze website zijn ingesteld op 'toestaan cookies "om u de beste surfervaring mogelijk. Als u doorgaat met deze website te gebruiken zonder het wijzigen van uw cookie-instellingen of u klikt op "Accepteren" hieronder dan bent u akkoord met deze instellingen.

Sluiten