Archives de catégorie : Centres d’intérêt Katwijk

Hofstede Koningshof

Koningshof, Kerkstraat 47, Katwijk aan den Rijn

The Koningshof is a U-shaped courtyard built around a courtyard that originally consisted of eight small houses and a main house. The courtyard was designed by architect Viele and built from the legacy of Antonia Jacoba Koning. On the street side, the Koningshof has a beautiful entrance with a gate with the inscription: ‘Anno - Koningshof - 1805’. During the restoration in 1973 the houses were merged into five larger ones. The Koningshof is the former Homestead of Carolus Boers.

‘New’ Church Katwijk

Nieuwe Kerk, Voorstraat 79, Katwijk

The Nieuwe Kerk in Katwijk is on the Voorstraat, it was built between 1885 and 1887 and is owned by the Reformed Church in Katwijk. Because the Andreaskerk became too small, it was decided to build a new, larger church. The Baroness of Wassenaer van Catwijck laid the first stone. The tower of the church is one of the highest structures in Katwijk at a height of about 51 meters. It is striking that the church has almost no support points, there are no pillars in the church. The organ is after the Laurenskerk in Rotterdam and the Bavokerk in Haarlem the third largest organ in the Netherlands.

Sufi temple Katwijk

Soefitempel, Zuidduinseweg 7, Katwijk

To the south of the boulevard in the dunes of Katwijk lies the Sufi Temple. It is the only universal Sufism temple in the world. Sufism is characterized by an interaction of religious and spiritual influences and provides methods to realize your ideals. Universal Sufism is not a new religion, but wants to provide a meeting place for all people who desire love, harmony and beauty regardless of their faith, race or class.
The temple bears the name Universel Murad Hassil. In addition to worship services and summer schools, concerts (classical music) are also given. In 1969 the construction of the temple began. The temple has a square shape, with a gold-colored dome on the roof. The square represents stability and strength. The translucent dome symbolizes the human heart that, open to the sky, is open to the divine light. The hall in the temple is 13 by 13 meters and can accommodate about 120 visitors.