Lindenhof, Lindenplein 1, Noordwijk
The Lindenhof is a 17th century country house and was the first Latin school in Noordwijk. Later it was used as a notary’s house and as an outdoor clinic of the Academic Hospital. It is also the birthplace of writer and poet Henriette Roland Holst-van der Schalk (1869-1952). A bust of her was placed in front of her birth house in 1969.
The Sint Jeroenskerk is named after Sint Jeroen who dedicated a church to Sint Maarten in 851 in Noordwijk. In 856 he was killed and decapitated by Vikings. A church was built at the place where his body was found. During excavation work at the church around 1300 a skull was found which was assumed to belong to Sint Jeroen. The skull was kept in the church and in 1429 Noordwijk was proclaimed pilgrimage place for Saint Jeroen.
The old Sint Jeroenskerk passed from the Catholics to the Protestants during the Reformation. That is why a new Catholic church was built in 1834. The church is currently used by the parish Sint Jeroen and Maria ter Zee which since 2011 is part of the Sint Maartensparochie (Saint Martin Parish).
The town hall dates from the year 1887. It is built in neoclassical style.