‘New’ Church Katwijk

Nieuwe Kerk, Voorstraat 79, Katwijk

The Nieuwe Kerk in Katwijk is on the Voorstraat, it was built between 1885 and 1887 and is owned by the Reformed Church in Katwijk. Because the Andreaskerk became too small, it was decided to build a new, larger church. The Baroness of Wassenaer van Catwijck laid the first stone. The tower of the church is one of the highest structures in Katwijk at a height of about 51 meters. It is striking that the church has almost no support points, there are no pillars in the church. The organ is after the Laurenskerk in Rotterdam and the Bavokerk in Haarlem the third largest organ in the Netherlands.

Комментарии закрыты.

Door de site te te blijven gebruiken, gaat u akkoord met het gebruik van cookies. meer informatie

De cookie-instellingen op deze website zijn ingesteld op 'toestaan cookies "om u de beste surfervaring mogelijk. Als u doorgaat met deze website te gebruiken zonder het wijzigen van uw cookie-instellingen of u klikt op "Accepteren" hieronder dan bent u akkoord met deze instellingen.

Sluiten