Koningin Wilhelminaboom - Hillegom

Koningin Wilhelminaboom en Dorpspomp Hillegom

Houttuin, Hillegom

The Grote Pomp (Big Pump) is a natural stone pump, built in 1740 by Jan Six. This craftsman from Hillegom had made a well on De Houttuin to provide the village with fresh water. The pump was in operation until Hillegom got a water pipe in 1925. In 1983 the pump was restored. The triangular village square where the Queen Wilhelminaboom and the Dorpspomp stand is the Houttuin, probably because the firewood for the village used to be stored here.