[:nl]Andreaskerk Katwijk[:en]Andreas Church Katwijk[:de]Andreas Church Katwijk[:fr]Andreas Church Katwijk[:it]Andreas Church Katwijk[:es]Andreas Church Katwijk[:zh]Andreas Church Katwijk[:ru]Andreas Church Katwijk[:]

[:nl]

Andreaskerk, boulevard 109, Katwijk

De Andreaskerk (protestants) wordt ook wel de Oude Kerk of Witte Kerk genoemd en werd in 1461 gebouwd. Nadat de kerk in 1572 door de Spanjaarden was verwoest, werd de kerk rond 1640 weer herbouwd. De kerk is vernoemd naar de apostel Andreas, schutspatroon van de vissers. Een azuurblauw Andreaskruis op een zilver fond is het wapen van de gemeente Katwijk. Aanvankelijk had de kerk een spitse toren, maar na een felle storm in 1836 was deze zo beschadigd, dat deze moest worden afgebroken.

Nadat in 1885 de Nieuwe Kerk aan de Voorstraat was gebouwd, werd de Oude Kerk in 1890 verkocht en deed deze dienst als rederijschuur van de Rederij Katwijk tot 1921. In 1924 werd de kerk na de verbouwing opnieuw in gebruik genomen.

Tijdens de Tweede Wereldoorlog had de Ortskommandant bevolen dat niet alleen de huizen aan de boulevard maar ook de Andreaskerk gesloopt moest worden ten behoeve van de Atlantikwall. Door toedoen van de aannemer die alleen de toren tot dakhoogte sloopte, bleef de kerk bespaard. Het interieur was al in veiligheid gebracht. Voor de kerk staat een standbeeld van Louis van der Noordaa, de ‘Vissersweduwe met zoon’.

 [:en]

Andreaskerk, boulevard 109, Katwijk

The Andreaskerk (Protestant) is also called the Oude Kerk or Witte Kerk (Old Church or White Church) and was built in 1461. After the church was destroyed by the Spaniards in 1572, the church was rebuilt around 1640. The church is named after the Apostle Andreas, the patron saint of fishermen. An azure blue Andreas cross on a silver ground is the coat of arms of the municipality of Katwijk. Initially the church had a pointed tower, but after a fierce storm in 1836 it was so damaged that it had to be demolished.

After the Nieuwe Kerk (New Church) was built on the Voorstraat in 1885, the Oude Kerk was sold in 1890 and it served as a ship shed of the Katwijk Shipping Company until 1921. In 1924 the church was put back into use after the renovation. During the Second World War, the Ortskommandant had ordered that not only the houses on the boulevard but also the Andreaskerk should be demolished for the Atlantic Wall. Due to the contractor who only demolished the tower to roof height, the church was saved. The interior had already been brought to safety. In front of the church is a statue of Louis van der Noordaa, the ‘Fisher widow with son’.

 [:de]

Andreaskerk, boulevard 109, Katwijk

The Andreaskerk (Protestant) is also called the Oude Kerk or Witte Kerk (Old Church or White Church) and was built in 1461. After the church was destroyed by the Spaniards in 1572, the church was rebuilt around 1640. The church is named after the Apostle Andreas, the patron saint of fishermen. An azure blue Andreas cross on a silver ground is the coat of arms of the municipality of Katwijk. Initially the church had a pointed tower, but after a fierce storm in 1836 it was so damaged that it had to be demolished.

After the Nieuwe Kerk (New Church) was built on the Voorstraat in 1885, the Oude Kerk was sold in 1890 and it served as a ship shed of the Katwijk Shipping Company until 1921. In 1924 the church was put back into use after the renovation. During the Second World War, the Ortskommandant had ordered that not only the houses on the boulevard but also the Andreaskerk should be demolished for the Atlantic Wall. Due to the contractor who only demolished the tower to roof height, the church was saved. The interior had already been brought to safety. In front of the church is a statue of Louis van der Noordaa, the ‘Fisher widow with son’.

 [:fr]

Andreaskerk, boulevard 109, Katwijk

The Andreaskerk (Protestant) is also called the Oude Kerk or Witte Kerk (Old Church or White Church) and was built in 1461. After the church was destroyed by the Spaniards in 1572, the church was rebuilt around 1640. The church is named after the Apostle Andreas, the patron saint of fishermen. An azure blue Andreas cross on a silver ground is the coat of arms of the municipality of Katwijk. Initially the church had a pointed tower, but after a fierce storm in 1836 it was so damaged that it had to be demolished.

After the Nieuwe Kerk (New Church) was built on the Voorstraat in 1885, the Oude Kerk was sold in 1890 and it served as a ship shed of the Katwijk Shipping Company until 1921. In 1924 the church was put back into use after the renovation. During the Second World War, the Ortskommandant had ordered that not only the houses on the boulevard but also the Andreaskerk should be demolished for the Atlantic Wall. Due to the contractor who only demolished the tower to roof height, the church was saved. The interior had already been brought to safety. In front of the church is a statue of Louis van der Noordaa, the ‘Fisher widow with son’.

 [:it]

Andreaskerk, boulevard 109, Katwijk

The Andreaskerk (Protestant) is also called the Oude Kerk or Witte Kerk (Old Church or White Church) and was built in 1461. After the church was destroyed by the Spaniards in 1572, the church was rebuilt around 1640. The church is named after the Apostle Andreas, the patron saint of fishermen. An azure blue Andreas cross on a silver ground is the coat of arms of the municipality of Katwijk. Initially the church had a pointed tower, but after a fierce storm in 1836 it was so damaged that it had to be demolished.

After the Nieuwe Kerk (New Church) was built on the Voorstraat in 1885, the Oude Kerk was sold in 1890 and it served as a ship shed of the Katwijk Shipping Company until 1921. In 1924 the church was put back into use after the renovation. During the Second World War, the Ortskommandant had ordered that not only the houses on the boulevard but also the Andreaskerk should be demolished for the Atlantic Wall. Due to the contractor who only demolished the tower to roof height, the church was saved. The interior had already been brought to safety. In front of the church is a statue of Louis van der Noordaa, the ‘Fisher widow with son’.

 [:es]

Andreaskerk, boulevard 109, Katwijk

The Andreaskerk (Protestant) is also called the Oude Kerk or Witte Kerk (Old Church or White Church) and was built in 1461. After the church was destroyed by the Spaniards in 1572, the church was rebuilt around 1640. The church is named after the Apostle Andreas, the patron saint of fishermen. An azure blue Andreas cross on a silver ground is the coat of arms of the municipality of Katwijk. Initially the church had a pointed tower, but after a fierce storm in 1836 it was so damaged that it had to be demolished.

After the Nieuwe Kerk (New Church) was built on the Voorstraat in 1885, the Oude Kerk was sold in 1890 and it served as a ship shed of the Katwijk Shipping Company until 1921. In 1924 the church was put back into use after the renovation. During the Second World War, the Ortskommandant had ordered that not only the houses on the boulevard but also the Andreaskerk should be demolished for the Atlantic Wall. Due to the contractor who only demolished the tower to roof height, the church was saved. The interior had already been brought to safety. In front of the church is a statue of Louis van der Noordaa, the ‘Fisher widow with son’.

 [:zh]

Andreaskerk, boulevard 109, Katwijk

The Andreaskerk (Protestant) is also called the Oude Kerk or Witte Kerk (Old Church or White Church) and was built in 1461. After the church was destroyed by the Spaniards in 1572, the church was rebuilt around 1640. The church is named after the Apostle Andreas, the patron saint of fishermen. An azure blue Andreas cross on a silver ground is the coat of arms of the municipality of Katwijk. Initially the church had a pointed tower, but after a fierce storm in 1836 it was so damaged that it had to be demolished.

After the Nieuwe Kerk (New Church) was built on the Voorstraat in 1885, the Oude Kerk was sold in 1890 and it served as a ship shed of the Katwijk Shipping Company until 1921. In 1924 the church was put back into use after the renovation. During the Second World War, the Ortskommandant had ordered that not only the houses on the boulevard but also the Andreaskerk should be demolished for the Atlantic Wall. Due to the contractor who only demolished the tower to roof height, the church was saved. The interior had already been brought to safety. In front of the church is a statue of Louis van der Noordaa, the ‘Fisher widow with son’.

 [:ru]

Andreaskerk, boulevard 109, Katwijk

The Andreaskerk (Protestant) is also called the Oude Kerk or Witte Kerk (Old Church or White Church) and was built in 1461. After the church was destroyed by the Spaniards in 1572, the church was rebuilt around 1640. The church is named after the Apostle Andreas, the patron saint of fishermen. An azure blue Andreas cross on a silver ground is the coat of arms of the municipality of Katwijk. Initially the church had a pointed tower, but after a fierce storm in 1836 it was so damaged that it had to be demolished.

After the Nieuwe Kerk (New Church) was built on the Voorstraat in 1885, the Oude Kerk was sold in 1890 and it served as a ship shed of the Katwijk Shipping Company until 1921. In 1924 the church was put back into use after the renovation. During the Second World War, the Ortskommandant had ordered that not only the houses on the boulevard but also the Andreaskerk should be demolished for the Atlantic Wall. Due to the contractor who only demolished the tower to roof height, the church was saved. The interior had already been brought to safety. In front of the church is a statue of Louis van der Noordaa, the ‘Fisher widow with son’.

 [:]

Nog geen reacties

Laat een reactie achter

Je moet ingelogd zijn om een reactie achter te laten

Door de site te te blijven gebruiken, gaat u akkoord met het gebruik van cookies. meer informatie

De cookie-instellingen op deze website zijn ingesteld op 'toestaan cookies "om u de beste surfervaring mogelijk. Als u doorgaat met deze website te gebruiken zonder het wijzigen van uw cookie-instellingen of u klikt op "Accepteren" hieronder dan bent u akkoord met deze instellingen.

Sluiten